The International Biscuit Festival

 I was "runner up" to Miss Biscuit at the International Biscuit Festival!


I competed in the competition (which included events like biscuit making fashion, balancing a biscuit on your head and a biscuit themed talent competition) on two different occasions.  Both years I created a custom apron and a biscuit inspired head piece.
The biscuits, bacon, and fruit on my fascinator are all paper-mache sculptures!
The year I won "runner up" I sang "Do You Want to Build a Dough Man", a customized biscuit themed version of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" while sculpting a person out of biscuit dough.  But my FAVORITE biscuit talent was the previous year, when I made a butter sculpture of the Knoxville landmark, the Sun Sphere.  There was a lot of rubbing this shaft of butter and things got very strange very fast, but it was also really funny and totally on theme with the competition!
 










Comments

Popular Posts